The Euro India Youth Network in collaboration with Jeevan Rekha Parishad (JRP), a not for profit and non political organization launched it's state wide India youth vote campaign on occasion of World Health Day on 7th April, 2009. The objective of the campaign is to create a platform of Youth Volunteers below 30 yrs of age that will motivate the vast numbers of Indian Youth to participate actively in the electoral process of the country. It also aims to awaken the youth of this country to exercise their right and vote a qualified candidates as leaders of the country.
Speaking at the launched Dr. Bimalendu Mohanty, Former Vice Chancellor, Utkal University of Culture said "This is a Moments occasion as it signals a change whose time has come". Appreciating the initiative of the Jeevan Rekha Parishad (JRP) and Euro India Youth Network. Dr. Mohanty guaranteed this initiative would be a sustainable solution to curb corporation in the country. Mr. D.P Pattnak, DAVP, while apaling the youth volunteers emphasized on transparent democratic election in India. He said "in a democracy our most powerful identify is the political identity of a voter". Ms. Madhusmita Mishra, addressed the youth mass about the objective of the campaign and the future plan of action of the campaign. 40 Youth volunteers of Orissa below 30 yrs of age participated in the campaign besides the NGO representatives. The students of D.A.V Public School, C.S. Pur, Bhubaneswar conducted street plays on rights of voters and apaled the general, public to elect right candidate for a brighter democracy. The street plays were conducted at Master Canteen Square, AG Square, Utkal University Campus and Damana Square. The Youth volunteer were in the T-Shirts with the message of fair and transparent election also gave slogan on the rights of voters and the role of citizen.
The campaign will continue to implement civic education workshop in remote tribal areas of Orissa. The campaign will also ensure that citizens with limited or no excess of information are educated and informed about their role in civil society. The major focus of the campaign was to change old leaders, corrupted leaders and get some new, more youth full leaders to rule the country. The young leaders will bring with them new ideas and also a new approach to strengthen Indian democracy. The appeal was also to have in the age bracket of 35-60 and have a retirement age for politician school.
Did you know?
1. To post at more than thirty blog websites of Jharkhand Forum and its email list you do not need to sign-up. (e.g. - http://blog.jharkhandi.org )
2. To post your contents (messages, articles, write-up, discussions reply and video) at Jharkhand Forum's websites and email list simply send it to Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com
3. You can use any email address(s) to send your contents to Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com. Also, you can hide your email address by request and we will replace your display email address with email@example.com
4. Jharkhand Group of websites is 100 percent advert-free and open access in all parts of the world.
6. Jharkhand Forum is one of the biggest public blogger on hot issues of India with 12000+ registered users and contributors. It maintains 200+ blogs / websites / video blogs.
7. If your email is bouncing from Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com then it means that your email address is banned by moderators. So, if you try to using a new email address to send your contents then it won't be bounced.
8. If you'd like to share your documentary or video clips on Jharkhand Forum's Video Blog [ http://documentary.jharkhand.us ] then upload your video on youtube.com and send the link (s) at Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com
9. Jharkhand Forum's Websites, Email List and Video Blog publish English language contents only.
10. Any material / contents once posted at Jharkhand Forum's websites can not be deleted even if you request for same.
11. Jharkhand Group of websites is maintained by unpaid volunteers based at various cities in India, Europe & United States.