Re: The Politics of Hate, Divisiveness and Sectarianism
I am happy that such a workshop is going to b held which has possitive value n also time worthy. We r in a state of time when there is violence every where in different forms n practices n non of the states of our country is free from it. Our politicians r helping a lot n make it so colourfully polluted that they can perpetuate their interest, power, position n political base with the cost the country n its citizen. We all r hankering for our own vested interests in the name of caste,creed,religion,language,region,ism,vague thought,colour,security,power,position,party,politics,women,disable n so on. We r get Lost. Discriminations r repeatedly coloured by the crude politicians who have no Political Teachings, Feelings,Thoughts,Trainings n Political Clarity about the Country's Credibility,Interest n Integrity as a whole. So amidst all these social.economic,political,religious n regional disparities How the Integrity of the country will b Restored n Save the whole World n the Human Society from these Dangers? Do We need another FIGHT for INDEPENDENCE? Now the Aim of the Conscious people is to come together n work with a Strong COMMITTMENT in a COLLABORATIVE n CO-OPERATIVE process.
I cannot be more in concurrence with the views of Fr Cedric Prakash. The politics of hate and a subteranneous war (at times of course very overt) against minorities is eating into the very body politic and vitals of the country. It is only civil society rights, which thankfully is well orchestrated in the country today in the form of citizen's journalism and internet groups such as this, which can spell some hope for the indefatigbles. These are the people who oppose a pseudo secularism and the forces of divisiveness who can only assail in vitriolic language as well as actions, innocent minorities. I think it is high time that we form a responsible forum of right thinking people on these issues and formulate some action plan or strategy to combat pernicious and divisive forces. At the same time the press especially the electronic media should be made to realize that there are more important issues and challenges, such as the ones enunciated above rather than coining judgemental stories of how fanatic some religious groups are, forgetting the fanaticism of others.
1. To post at more than thirty blog websites of Jharkhand Forum and its email list you do not need to sign-up. (e.g. - http://blog.jharkhandi.org )
2. To post your contents (messages, articles, write-up, discussions reply and video) at Jharkhand Forum's websites and email list simply send it to Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com
3. You can use any email address(s) to send your contents to Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com. Also, you can hide your email address by request and we will replace your display email address with email@example.com
4. Jharkhand Group of websites is 100 percent advert-free and open access in all parts of the world.
6. Jharkhand Forum is one of the biggest public blogger on hot issues of India with 12000+ registered users and contributors. It maintains 200+ blogs / websites / video blogs.
7. If your email is bouncing from Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com then it means that your email address is banned by moderators. So, if you try to using a new email address to send your contents then it won't be bounced.
8. If you'd like to share your documentary or video clips on Jharkhand Forum's Video Blog [ http://documentary.jharkhand.us ] then upload your video on youtube.com and send the link (s) at Jharkhand@yahoogroups.com
9. Jharkhand Forum's Websites, Email List and Video Blog publish English language contents only.
10. Any material / contents once posted at Jharkhand Forum's websites can not be deleted even if you request for same.
11. Jharkhand Group of websites is maintained by unpaid volunteers based at various cities in India, Europe & United States.